This competition is aimed at small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) working on high-quality research and development (R&D) projects across national borders. These enterprises often find it difficult to attract public-sector funding. EUREKA Eurostars was set up to overcome this barrier to innovation. With its market-led approach, it encourages international collaborative research and innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised.
Eurostars supports SMEs in leading international collaborative research and innovation projects by helping them get access to guidance and funding.
A Eurostars project must have a civilian purpose and be aimed at the development of a new product, process or service.
Projects must be led by a research-performing SME.
Innovative SMEs can apply for a share of £2.5 million to collaborate in research with partners across Europe and associated countries.
- Competition opens: Wednesday 12 December 2018
- Registration closes: Thursday 28 February 2019 7:00pm
Who Can Apply:
In the UK, only SMEs are eligible for funding. The project must be led by a research-performing SME, one that:
- invests 10% or more of its turnover into research, or
- has 10% of its full-time equivalent staff working on research activities, or
- has 5 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or fewer employees, or
- has 10 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has more than 100 employees
You must follow:
- UK SMEs can only take part in one Eurostars project at a time.
- If you have an existing project, your final project report on it must have been accepted by the Eurostars secretariat before the application deadline for this competition. You can apply for other Innovate UK funding without this restriction.
- UK partners must be separate, non-linked legal entities.
- UK partners must be a legal entity and have been trading for 12 months at the competition application deadline.
- All work must be carried out in the UK and your project costs must be incurred in the UK.
- Your labour costs must be on a pay as you earn (PAYE) basis.
- UK subcontracting is capped at 20% of the UK partner eligible costs.
- UK-led projects must be managed by an R&D performing SME. Project management cannot be subcontracted.
Eurostars is a European funding programme dedicated to supporting R&D performing SMEs in innovative R&D projects.
It has a market-driven approach, which gives companies full control over project content. It also supports collaborative research and innovation projects that can go to market 2 years after the project finishes.
You can apply for Eurostars funding for any sector and industry. Your project can address any technological area but must be aimed at the development of a new product, process or service.
Your project must have a civilian purpose. It cannot have a military purpose.
Projects They Will Not Fund:
Innovate UK will not fund:
- academics, including universities
- research and technology organisations (RTOs)
- large companies
These organisations can participate but must self-fund or use funds from other sources.
Interested in applying? Let us prepare your winning bid.
- Win Rate - Myriad Associates’ boast a 70% success rate with Innovate UK applications.
- Winning Application - We’ve had some of the highest scoring applications in Europe. In fact, we recently helped 4 Irish companies win a total of €14.9m in the Irish DTIF Grant Funding competition.
- Honest & Trustworthy – We will not waste your time or money. If we feel your application won't succeed, we will tell you before we undertake the application process.
- Risk-free Eligibility Call – Call us for a free eligibility call to see if you have an application worth applying for.
Click here to discuss your application with one of our expert grant bid writers or visit Innovate UK to find out more