Go Back To All News
The Office for Life Sciences (OLS) will work with Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, to invest up to £1.5 million in innovation projects. These will be to support developers of innovative medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital technology to evaluate their product in a real-world clinical setting.
This competition is aimed at SMEs that have developed and manufactured innovative healthtech, including medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital healthcare products.
You must have gained a CE marking for your product but not marketed it in the UK for more than 5 years. You must collect supporting clinical evidence of its performance, cost-effectiveness and impact in the NHS. If we decide to fund you, this evidence may help increase uptake of your product within the NHS.
The competition will support the development or design of plans for the collection of clinical data in a real-world setting, and also support the running of these studies.
Your proposal must:
- describe the innovative or CE-marked device
- show how your product is likely to have a significant impact, including increasing patient access to innovative technologies where appropriate
- demonstrate how the product meets the priority needs, such as those defined in 'Next steps on the NHS 5 Year Forward View'
- provide evidence that you are working with appropriate stakeholders including NICE, NHS, NIHR and AHSNs
- outline how your study will allowing NICE to evaluate its data
Your project must:
- focus on understanding evidence gaps and testing product performance to explain the operational impact of your product on the NHS
- add data to the evidence base that can contribute to the health technology appraisal process, for instance by comparing the use of the new product with the current standard of care
- involve potential breakthrough technologies
- help improve methods and systems
Priority will be given to projects that:
- reduce cancellations or unnecessary appointments in primary and secondary care
- reduce the number of people that need to use A&E services
- improve patient safety and avoid patient harm
- speed up diagnosis, such as improving the scope of lower cost diagnostic imaging
- enable earlier diagnosis of cancer
- support the management of long-term conditions, such as diabetes, chronic pain management, cardiovascular disease, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Your project’s total eligible costs can be up to £50,000 for option 1 and up to £250,000 for option 2. Projects must start by 1 July 2019 and be completed by the end of July 2020. They can last between 3 and 12 months.
Interested in applying? Let us prepare your winning bid.
- Win Rate - Myriad Associates’ boast a 70% success rate with Innovate UK applications
- Winning Application - We’ve had some of the highest scoring applications in Europe
- Honest & Trustworthy – Unlike some of our competitors, we will only take on your application if we feel you have a great chance of success.
- Risk-free Eligibility Call – Call us for a free eligibility call to see if you have an application worth applying for.
Click here for a free eligibility call or find out more on Innovate UK