Go Back To All News
Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency, has just launched strand 2 of the Emerging and Enabling Technologies programme.
This £19m grant-funding pot aims to inspire the products, processes, and services of tomorrow, in 4 priority areas:
- Emerging technologies – Innovate UK is particularly looking to fund projects in biofilms, energy harvesting, graphene and novel single-layer materials, cutting-edge imaging technologies, and new computational paradigms such as biological computing.
- Digital – projects in this area should demonstrate a significant development in technologies such as machine learning, cybersecurity, data analytics, and immersive technology.
- Enabling capabilities, including electronics, sensors and photonics, robotics and autonomous systems, and creative economy.
- Space applications – proposals must have innovations in satellite communications or navigation, earth observation and environmental monitoring services, or lead to future in-orbit service demonstrations.
- Innovate UK grant funding is non-repayable, and the agency does not take any equity, IP, or commercial rights over your project.
- Funding is available for projects focusing on technical feasibility, industrial research, or experimental development.
- All projects must involve at least one SME
- Total project costs: £35k to £2m, depending on the type of R&D undertaken.
- If total project costs are between £35k to £100k, an SME can work on the project alone or with partners.
- If total project costs are £100k or more, the project must include 2 grant-claiming partners working together.
- Project duration: 6 to 36 months.
- Depending on the stage of research and development, small businesses can receive up to 70% of project cost, medium-sized businesses up to 60%, and large businesses up to 50%.
- Application deadline is Wednesday 28th March 2018 12pm.
If you have a project that you think will be eligible for Innovate UK funding, please contact us. As leading bid writing specialists, we will be able to determine if your project is a good match for this grant call or any other grant competitions.
Find further details at Innovate UK.