Go Back To All News
Innovate UK, the UK government body has recently launched a £19m Innovation in Health and Life Sciences grant funding pot.
The aim of this competition is to stimulate innovation in health and life sciences. Projects must align with at least one of the following Innovate UK priority areas to:
- increase yield, quality and sustainability in agriculture and food production
- support advanced therapies (cell and gene therapies), precision medicine or preclinical technologies
- develop bio-science techniques and capabilities that have the potential to improve healthcare and/or agriculture and food production in the future
Proposals must indicate how projects will enable a step change in competitiveness and productivity for at least one UK SME involved in the project.
Key information about this grant:
- Innovate UK grant funding is non-repayable, and they do not take any equity, IP or commercial rights over your project
- Funding is available for testing the feasibility of your idea (including proof of market), research and developing it or demonstrating it in a prototype
- Project value: £25k to £2m depending on type of R&D undertaken
- If project costs are less than £100,000, an SME can work on the project alone or with partners. If total project costs are £100,000 or more, the project must include at least 2 grant-claiming partners working together of which 1 must be an SME.
- Project duration: 6 to 36 months
- Micro/small business receive up to 70% of project costs, Medium up to 60% and Large businesses receive up to 50% dependant on stage of research/development
- Application deadline is 12pm on Wednesday 28th of March 2018.
If you have a project that you think will be eligible for Innovate UK funding then feel free to get in touch. As leading bid writing specialists, we will be able to determine if your project is a good match for this grant call or any other grant competitions.
Further details can be found at Innovate UK.