Go Back To All News
Manufacturing made smarter: digital supply chain, feasibility studies
The aim of this competition is to encourage the use of digital technologies to enable more efficient, productive, flexible, resilient and sustainable UK manufacturing supply chains. Projects should seek to integrate and optimise these supply chains.
The competition closes at 11am on 7th October.
It typically takes around 40 to 60 hours to prepare an award winning application, and we recommend you do this over a 3 to 4 week period.
Please get in touch if you'd like to know whether your project would likely qualify for this grant or would like any assistance in preparing the application.
Your project must:
- have total eligible costs between £250,000 and £500,000
- start by 1 April 2021
- last up to 6 months
Who can apply?
To lead a project your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- collaborate with other UK registered businesses, academic institutions, charities, public sector organisations or research and technology organisations (RTO)
- involve at least one SME
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Academic institutions cannot lead or work alone.
Your project must develop a supply chain integration or optimisation idea and design a project to test the concepts. It must focus on a digital application.
Your project must investigate one or more problems that your specific supply chain is experiencing and develop ideas for digital technology solutions to address these problems. For example:
- real-time tracking of products throughout the supply chain using digital technologies such as low-cost sensors, NFC (near field communication), real-time data capture and data analytics
- improved track and trace capabilities may help companies optimise inventory management and/or establish clear and accurate demand signals to help them eliminate waste.
Your project must carry out a feasibility study that researches into and develops innovative digital solutions in UK manufacturing supply chains, focussing either on supply chain design or supply chain execution, comprising any one of the following:
- improve and optimise existing supply chain networks
- re-design or re-engineer existing supply chain networks
- design new supply chain networks both for new products and processes
Your project must be across a supply chain, not just focused within one organisation or within one supplier.
Visit Innovate UK's website or get in touch to learn more about this grant.
- 6 July 2020 - Competition opens
- 7 October 2020 11:00am - Competition closes
- 11 December 2020 - Applicants notified
Interested in applying? Get in touch to learn how Myriad Associates can help:
- Win Rate - Myriad Associates’ boast a strong success rate with Innovate UK applications.
- Proven templates & tools for success - Our templates make it easy to collaborate & prepare a winning bid.
- Honest & Trustworthy – We will not waste your time or money. If we feel your application won't succeed, we will tell you before we undertake the application process.
- Highly rated UK & European bid writers - We have a highly experienced team of bid writers with proven UK & European success. So far in 2019/20, we've secured over €44m in grant funding for our clients.
- Unlimited revisions - Our grant writers provide feedback on both successful and unsuccessful grant applications. We review this feedback with you to give you ongoing advice and guidance.
- Risk-free Eligibility Call – Call us for a free eligibility call to see if you have an application worth applying for.
Click here to discuss your application with one of our expert grant bid writers or visit Innovate UK to find out more.
Where do I find more information?
For more information on this grant, please visit: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/649/overview
Alternatively, contact us if you'd like to know whether your project would likely qualify for this grant.