Location: Working from home
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience) + study support + 5% company pension, mobile and laptop.
Are you interested in a Corporate Tax role that is varied and client facing? Would you like to work for a highly reputable and growing specialist tax boutique?
Myriad Associates is a leading R&D tax credits and grant bid writing specialist. The cross-disciplinary team of Business Analysts, Accountants, Corporate Tax Associates and Technical Writers provide first class consultancy advice. In 2018 Myriad launched Tax Cloud, the leading UK and Irish online assisted R&D tax credits claims portal.
Due to sustained growth we are now seeking a confident, self-motivated Corporate Tax Associate to join our expanding team. The position reports directly to the R&D Tax Manager.
- Working alongside the Technical Consulting team, you will provide costing and R&D tax advice to our clients. You will be supporting our consultancy clients as well as our online R&D tax claim portal ‘Tax Cloud’
- You will be completing/reviewing costing schedules and preparing Company Tax Returns (CT600) and tax computations when required
- You will liaise with clients and other stakeholders, including HMRC, to ensure tax claims are processed efficiently and questions and enquiries are answered promptly.
- Be an ambassador for the business and to ensure the ethos of ‘delivering excellence’ is upheld and maintained at all times. This will include ensuring that all interactions and services performed for the client are deemed clear, simple, smooth and timely.
- Be actively involved in internal projects as and when requested.
Experience & Skills Required
Candidates for the role of Corporate Tax Associate must be confident, self-motivated, accounting or tax professionals with at least 2 years’ experience in general tax compliance or tax planning matters.
Candidates must also be:
- At least part-qualified with a recognised tax or accounting body.
- Highly presentable, personable, a strong communicator, and comfortable meeting clients at senior executive level.
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple client claims.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Excel, including proficient use of pivot tables and other data tools.
- Experience with the R&D tax relief incentive is preferred, but not essential as training and mentoring will be provided.
- Willingness to travel to client meetings (when allowed), which can be anywhere within the UK, including frequent visits in London.
If this sounds like you, then please apply now.